To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file using cPanel 11 follow the steps below:
Step 1: Generate Private Key (KEY)
- Login to the cPanel “Control Panel”
- Click SSL / TLS Manager under the Security section.
- Click on the Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys link.
- When the page loads, locate the “Generate a New Key” section. Select the domain name from the pull-down menu, or type the domain name into the Host field
- Select the key bit-length as 2048.
- Click the Generate button.
- Click the Return to SSL Manager link.
- When the page loads, click the Go Back link. This will take you to the main “SSL/TLS Manager” page.
Step 2: Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Click on the Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests link.
- When the page loads, enter the following:
– Host – Select the fully qualified domain name from the pull-down menu (Common Name)
– Country – Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
– State – Spell out the state completely. Do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
– City – Enter the city’s name, where your organization has been registered, for example: Mountain View
– Company – Enter the company name. If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corporation or XY and Z Corporation
– Company Division – This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request, for example: IT Dept
– Email – Not recommended, include only if the version of cPanel requires this field to be populated
– Pass Phrase – Enter the private key pass phrase.
3. Click the Generate button.
4. Click the Go Back link.
5. Submit the CSR with an enrollment.