If you are still using the old theme you can view the correct Knowledge Base here: https://help.easydns.com/.
Transferring a domain away from easyDNS is a simple process that involves 3 steps:
- Unlock your domain name.
- Disable your WHOIS Privacy (if applicable).
- Get your Authorization code.
Unlocking Your Domain
Unlocking a domain requires the disabling of the Registry Lock. The registry lock keeps a domain from being transferred away by accident and/or Domain Slamming. To disable the Registry Lock, please do the following:
1. Log into your easyDNS account
2. Click on the WHOIS link for said domain
3. In the REGISTRY LOCK section, click on EDIT
4. Choose DISABLED from the dropdown menu and click on NEXT
5. Confirm your changes
Disabling WHOIS Privacy
To disable your WHOIS Privacy, please do the following:
1. Go to the WHOIS INFORMATION page for said domain
2. In the WHOIS PRIVACY section, click on EDIT
3. Choose DISABLED from the dropdown menu, and click NEXT
4. Confirm your changes
Obtaining Your Authorization/EPP Code
The Authorization code is needed to initiate the transfer itself. Further instructions on what to do with the code should be provided to you from the registrar the domain is being transferred to. To get your code, please do the following:
1. Go to the DOMAIN ADMINISTRATION page for said domain
2. Click on the DOMAIN SETTINGS tab
3. In the DOMAIN SECURITY field, click on GET AUTH CODE
4. Click on CLICK FOR AUTH CODE
5. Confirm by clicking on OK
Once the above steps have been completed, the domain will be prepped for transfer. Further instructions on how to initiate the transfer itself would have been provided to you by the registrar the domain is transferring to.