easyDNS has quite a few options of other ports to try:
2025, 2026, 465 [SSL], 587, 20025, 20026
The following are popular mail clients and the instruction on how to make the port number adjustment on an established account:
Microsoft Outlook & Outlook Express
- In Outlook, drop down the ‘Tools’ menu
- Select ‘Accounts or Email Accounts’
- View or change existing e-mail accounts should be marked
- Click on ‘Next’
- Select the account and click on ‘Change’
- Select ‘More Settings’
- In Outlook Express, drop down the ‘Tools’ menu
- Choose ‘Accounts’
- Select the account and click on ‘Properties’
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Change the outgoing mail from port 25 to port 2025 or 2026
- Make sure that the box that says This connection requires a secure connection(SSL) is NOT checked
- Click on ‘OK’
- It’s best to restart Outlook
For more assistance in making changes within Outlook, please visit Outlook’s help pages.
- Open Preferences in the Mail menu.
- Select the e-mail account to modify under accounts
- Beneath Outgoing server (SMTP) click on the drop-down bar and select “Edit SMTP server list…“.
- Click on your desired Outgoing server and then click advanced.
- Select option for custom port and type in 2025 or 2026.
- Click on ‘ok’ and then restart the mail program.
- Go to Tools > Account Settings.
- Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) on the left pane of the Account Settings window.
- Select the SMTP server for your domain here. Click Edit.
- Change the number in the Port field to 2525 (if this doesn’t work, follow the same steps, and change the number to 587).
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the Account Settings window.
For more assistance in making changes within Thunderbird, please visit Mozilla’s help pages.